Museum of Nature Weddings is the perfect Ottawa wedding venue for couples who want a blend of history and modern for their wedding day.
ABOUT MUSEUM OF NATURE WEDDINGS
The Museum of Nature is a national historic site located in downtown Ottawa. The building itself is a fusion of history and modern times. On the outside, there is the appearance of a 100-year old medieval castle. Indoors, old charm blends with the new. Whether you are traditional or want something a little different for your wedding day, Museum of Nature Weddings has an event space to suit your style.
DETAILS OF THE GROUNDS
There are several different event spaces to host your Museum of Nature wedding. Each space has its unique style and vibe.
The most popular Museum of Nature wedding spaces are:
- The Queen’s Lantern – a 65-foot-high dramatic glass tower with breathtaking views, architectural features, stained glass windows and marble wainscotting
- The Rotunda – an elegantly curved, two-story modern space with mezzanine
- Hatch Salon – a modern meeting space with a dramatic floor-to-ceiling glass wall and skylight
- The Plaza — an outdoor ceremony location with the stone Musuem building as the backdrop. It is also popular for cocktail receptions.
- Theatre – a true theatre space with sloping floors and permanent seating
The Museum uses an exclusive list of caterers for their events.
GETTING READY AND ACCOMMODATIONS
There are no on-site getting ready suites or overnight accommodations for your Museum of Nature wedding. You’ll have to make arrangements at neighbouring downtown hotels. The Chateau Laurier and Westin are personal favourites for getting ready suites and overnight stays.
Ample parking is available on-site at the Museum making it very convenient for your guests to navigate to this downtown Ottawa wedding venue.
The Museum of Nature is a popular Ottawa location for photos. The historic building and grounds are frequently booked for wedding photos, movies and other events.
My favourite Museum of Nature wedding spots are
- the vaulted doors with stained glass windows – exterior and interior
- marble staircase, lamp posts and columns
- Queen’s lantern space – from both sides (the jellyfish or moon installation is my favourite to include in photos)
- the natural gardens on the property
- concrete ramp and walls
- the dinosaur room (for a fun, quirky wedding photo)
With all these indoor and outdoor options, you never have to worry about weather, heat or cold for your Museum of Nature wedding!
Pro Tip: you’ll have to work around and respect Museum patrons if your photos fall during regular museum operating hours
Museum of Nature Weddings in Ottawa
It doesn’t get too much better than Museum of Nature weddings for downtown Ottawa wedding venues. It is a perfect location for couples who want a fusion of a historic and modern wedding in a captivating environment. It’s no wonder that Museum of Nature weddings in Ottawa is one of Ottawa’s most popular wedding venues.
Want to check out more Ottawa wedding venues? Click the links below for more helpful content